After discovering the joys of a 270 in the late 1960's, I paired it up with a 300 WMg for over 30 years. Both calibers were in a succession of rifles, mostly Rugers, but the 2 calibers were a constant in my rack. Other caliber's came and went over the years, but only a 1979 built M70FWT 257Rbts stole my heart for any length of time. It was in the first shipment of FWT's that came thru the distributorship.

The best "pair" I ever owned were in SAKO AV Classic Grades, along with 3 other Classic Grades in 223, 243 & 25-06 a one of a kind I had hand selected the stock for in Rihimaaki. Thems were certainly the good old days.

Fast forward to today, and I have found new loves in my severly downsized State of Grace as I slip side into the poorhouse of recurring health issues & forced retirement in a Tikka T3 6.5 Hunter Grade, a still NIB T3 270 that the Swede's performance has kept in the box for almost 4 years, a early 90's M70 Classic SS/syn 300WMg...and my most amazing discovery of sanity in a CZ 550 9.3x62 American...

So MY Choice for a single "pair" would be:
A. the 6.5x55 and a matching 9.3x62 in some sort of mauser setup for the Old School approach ...or
B. my all time fav's of a matched pair in a 270 & 300WMg in a M70 CRF, or AV SAKO - Kimber setup.

Right now the TRIO that goes in the truck is the Swede, Winnie & CZ day in and day out. Could REALLY like to put all 3 calibers in the same platform again ...that would/could look like the 80's era SAKO Classic Grades style wise I used to own. Might yet get MHR to do a trio all the same, as I was surely impressed with their stuff I saw at the Dallas Safari Show last January....it's only the money thingy holding me up these days ya know!
Ron

TIME FOR TERM LIMITS !!!! Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed often and regularly for the same reason...Robin Williams.