Somewhat my thinkin' as well, as to the "bit heavy", but when compared to the stats of a standard T3 syn stock, the laminated is said to be only 1/2 lb. heavier. So, movin' up only 1/2 lb. from a really light feelin' syn stocked T3 to their laminated version.....it really isn't much gain in weight. Still lighter than many offerings/brands out there......inclusive of syn's, laminated and traditional wood stocks.

The T3's syn stocks clearly work well and make for an easy to carry, all day long rifle. The laminated versions don't slow one down all that much in that catagory, but they definitely have more of a heft to them. When chambered in harder kickin' cartridges, the laminated versions seem about perfect for me. Owning the 270WSM and 300WSM in T3 Laminated with both employing near or max loads, I feel it works well for me. I owned both these cartridges in T3 synthetics prior to purchasing the laminates (I liked the lams looks better) and they were never punishing....far from it. Just made one of those "loonie" changes, whether necessary or not. Hard to beat the looks and efficiency of a laminated stock......IMHO.

Just what we do...................

Last edited by magnumb; 08/22/09.