Originally Posted by nsaqam
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Looks like a totally different bolt design. Are the magazine and trigger guard plastic on the A7's ?

It's a 75 bolt with a plastic shroud from the factory. He replaced it with an 85 bolt shroud..the magazine has metal feed inserts..everything else is plastic.
Thank's Oldelkhunter. Can't see the point in the A-7 when it appears about all it amounts to is a Tikka with a higher price tag and a bolt that isn't as well designed because it uses a plastic bolt shroud as an essential, stressed component where, as we discussed before, the Tikka's shroud is non stressed/ non essential.

IIRC the A-7 shroud is metal with a plastic coating, not completely plastic like the T-3 shroud.

The shroud on the T-3 (and virtually all BA rifles) DOES perform a safety function. The shroud is there to block gasses which enter the bolt from contacting the face of the shooter should a primer be pierced.

I prefer a more robust shroud than that on the T-3.
Horse puckey ! You aren't seriously telling me you, Tikka or anybody else has any expectations of being protected from 60,000 psi gasses by a 1/32" thick plastic shroud are you ? And if anybody is worried about the factory shroud there are at least two aftermarket aluminum shrouds available that I'm aware of.