"I suspect that most satisfied T3 customers are not experienced rifle buyers. A person who has never owned a fine rifle is much more likely to be tolerant of an economy rifle's shortcomings than an experienced shooter and hunter. The relative newcomer simply has inadequate personal experience upon which to base an informed opinion."

Now I know who chuck hawks is and will make sure to avoid any more of his wisdom.

The only con I can really think of is the stock and its purely cosmetic. I keep hoping boyds will bring out a laminate soon but they need to hear the request so go to their page and fill out the form.(ask for the prarie hunter please)
https://boydsgunstocks.questionpro.com/

Hey swampy did your Rem 700 .270 do this at 600yards out of the box? If I recall correctly the black portion measures 4", bottom three were shot first then a couple clicks were added for the rest.

I also love the fact you will dismiss someone like Mackay who does it for real on a regular basis but we're expected to take your word as the gospel.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by varmintsinc; 05/22/11. Reason: added link

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper