BCBrian,
I believe as has been mentioned that your own point of view could well change if your son becomes a member of the RCMP.

Although I have never been in uniform I am blessed with the friendship of several active members in the LE community and some retired LEO as well. In all probability that has given me a small glimpse into their daily lives and a deep respect for what they do.

It was just this Sunday after doing a bit of stock work for him I bade a good friend in Vancouver PD safe travels back to the coast. I also said a prayer that he comes home safe each night to his young family. It is his face that I see when I consider posts regarding LEO.

I�ve been paying taxes here in Canada for 32 years more or less now. Over that time I have seen the folks in Ottawa urinate my remittances away on some incredibly stupid things. We could begin to talk about foreign aid to murderous despots, failed multiculturalism, �art� projects or even our highly effective and beloved gun registry and still not scratch the surface of that issue.

Suffice it to say Brian, in a plethora of cases they have not been good stewards of your or my hard earned money.

I say that as a preface to this thought. That as a Canadian tax payer, even if I was paying the tab for the officer�s expenses, I would gladly do it. Where do I sign the consent form?

The fact that I am not paying is not lost on me either.

In closing I would echo the sentiments stated by John � jpb- that it is my opinion only on this matter. It is however in this instance an opinion that I�m dead certain of.

Have a good weekend all of our new snow Brian.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"