Originally Posted by ADK4Rick
a PO that spent his career patroling the mean streets of bad neighborhoods,trying to make a difference and staying honest deserves a little extra reverence,the suburban cop that spent his carreer writing tickets at the mall?not so much.

What about a small town copper who dealt with every type of call you can think of with no backup? Bad schit can happen in any AO on any given day.

I have never been paid one dime to attend any of my brothers' funerals, nor would I ever do so. Some have been small (as per the wishes of the departed) and others have been massive affairs. None have failed to move me and I hope, in vain, to never have to put on my white gloves and mourning band again.

As to the whole issue of "wasting" the time of somebody that has to wait for the procession......Get the [bleep] over yourself.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�