Originally Posted by MagMarc
I have Vortex Crossfire 2x7, Redfield Revolution 2x7, and Vortex Viper 2x7. The Viper is a huge cut above the other 2. The cheap Vortex crossfire held up to my 358 and tracks great. The Redfield tracks well and looks good. Eye relief is not a problem with any of them.

I think the Vortex Diamondback has a resettable turret like the Viper and if this is case I would pick it. The dotz and turret work great in the Viper out to 525 yards so far.

Marc,

Your post here is the kind of apples to oranges comparisons I am talking about. There are some vital stats you have left out.

Let's look at the cost of the scopes you are talking about in order of price.

First, the scopes you mention owning-

Vortex Crossfire 2-7 $114
Redfeild 2-7 $129 most places right now(some even less)
Vortex Viper 2-7 $259

And the Diamondback 2-7 at $159 which you don't own yet.

Since Vortex has a strict price discounting agreement with their dealers, I sincerely doubt you will ever see those Vortex scopes priced cheaper anywhere. So the price comparisons should be valid.

My question is this - And I am not being critical of your scopes or observations here Marc, just asking a few questions for everyone to consider-

Is it WORTH offshoring more Amercian jobs to save $15 on a Vortex Crossfire 2-7 oer the Redifeld??.

Is the Diamondback REALLY a $50 better scope than the Redifeild 2-7?

Also is the Viper REALLY worth TWICE as much as the Redfield 2-7??

I sincerely doubt it. And that is my point.

The Redfiled 4-12 vs the Vortex 4-12 is a little tougher comparisons as they are pretty much the same price, unlike the lower powered versions in which case the Refields cost about $50 less.

Even at the same price, I would at least give Redfield a shot at building my 4-12 scope.

Last edited by jim62; 05/12/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt