N,

Based on the several Redfeilds I looked at before I bought mine and the 2-7 I have in hand, the adjustments seem to work fine in both directions.

It is very tough to make a TRULY compact turret adjustment with Truly crisp clicks with a coil spring/plunger setup used on modern scopes.

The old "V" leaf srpings used in the older click stop Weavers for example were/are as crips as glass- very, very distinct. And the leaf spring design they used is very compact. The problem is no modern engineer will use a leaf spring if he can use a coil spring.

To get a large enough coil spring to provide enough tension/crispness, it requires a larger, taller turret than what is on the Redfeild,IMHO.

Heck, I have seen Target scopes with well respected names and high price tags that have clicks no more crisp than the Redfeilds.

And Like I said, judging a $130 US made hunting scope by Target /Tactical requirements is not exactly logical.

Last edited by jim62; 05/13/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt