Originally Posted by HOGGHEAD
Originally Posted by Oregon45
The pro-staff glass isn't better. Get the Redfield; Leupold service and pretty good glass. The one I had was just as good as a VX-1 Leupold.

RedField is trying to ride the coat tails of Leupold. But this statement is not correct. RedField was bought by "Leupold and Stevens Inc" as a trade name. Not to be confused with "Leupold". "Leupold and Stevens Inc." can walk right away from or sell off RedField at any time it wants. So in this day of legality and litigation it might be unwise to consider a RedField as a Leupold. It is not "Leupold" service that will fix the scope. It is "RedField" service. And that has been a real rocky road over the last 30 or so years. So do not fall for this. Just my opinion.

Your claims above simply not true.

Answer me this Einstein- name ONE optics brand name or trademark Leupold has ever sold off once acquiring it or launching it in the last 60 years?

Can't think of one,HUH?

Leupold IS a family owned optics company- NOT some huge conglomerate that buys and then spins off trade names.

The "Redfield" name is JUST as much a part of the Leupold lineup as ANY of their other trademarked products. They have spent MILLIONS not only aquiring the Redifeild trade name by have also cannabolized the market share for their lower end Leupold scopes by coming out with the Redfeild line which in many ways is superior to BOTH the Rifleman AND VX-1 lines AND has some of the same features as the VX 2.

They build the Redfeild scopes in the SAME factory as the Leupolds. They SERVICE them at the same plant. The warrantees are the SAME. The odds of ANY Leupold made Refield product EVER not being backed by a warrantee down the road are exactly the same as an LEUPOLD marked product not having a valid warrantee..

The problem is you don't know any of this because you have never owned a current Leupold made Redfield, and compared them side by side to the lower end Leupolds..

Hence your tendency to make up "facts" as you go along.

Last edited by jim62; 08/17/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt