I call him a TROLL because he is a TROLL(IMO).

He does not give an opinion. He just attacks the post that someone else makes. And then when you catch him on the facts he changes the subject. I am not the only guy he argues with, and causes trouble with. There are several. I have actually had a couple PM's in the past from guys who did not want to argue with the TROLL, but thanked me for calling him on his CRAP.

Has he said anything about where he was wrong the other day about IN(another thread)?? NO. Has he said anything about where he was wrong about Leupold spinning away from GilMore?? No. He will not confront the facts when I state what I think the facts are.

If you go back and read my original remarks about the new RedField scopes you will not find anywhere that I attacked their quality of build. I did not do that. I merely recommended the base Leupold scope because IMO you can depend on their warranty. And you have been able to depend on their warranty for the last 35+ years, and hopefully into the future. How many different companies have owned RedField in the last 35+ years, and in the following 35+ years?? Who knows, because they are a trade name and produce nothing. If you had a RedField from 20 years ago, then you have no warranty on that scope now. Why?? Because it is a trade name, and has changed ownership!! So what good is the lifetime warranty they offered twenty years ago(certainly less than a lifetime)?? No good at all.

All I pointed out was that the RedField name was being trade named by "Leupold and Stevens Inc." Was I wrong about that?? No, I do not think so, but check the RedField web page if you do not believe me.

Was I wrong when I said Leupold and Stevens Inc. can easily spin off a trade name(or sell it), thus making a lifetime warranty worthless?? No, I do not think so. It has been done in the past by many scope mfrs. I will name a few, Tasco, Charles Daly, older Bushnell. All these were well known sellers, but all were trade names. That was my point.

Please explain where I am wrong about what I just posted. The TROLL will not attack any of these points, because he does not understand the intricate differences between a true mfr. and a company selling a trade name.

Now what JIM. Argue with the above facts. Just try?? And it is basically the same thing I wrote in my first post on this thread.

I apologize to anyone who may think my remarks to JIM are out of bounds. But I will not just sit around and listen to his CRAP. Would a better man just ignore him?? YES-they probably would. But my daddy taught me to stand up to bullies, not turn the other cheek. Tom.

Last edited by HOGGHEAD; 08/18/10.

West By God Virginia