Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Never use it unless it's raining combined with well below freezing temps, which isn't too often here.

I know guys here who carry it on their rifles, which gives me a chuckle. It's usually the same ones that hunt with a 20X scope. whistle

Plus, I made a long standing promise to myself that if another bee ever flew up my barrel, he was going for a ride.

It's been 40 years this November since it last happened and my father refused to let me shoot him out. I don't want to miss the next opportunity.

trip ram your barrel into the ground and then proceed to the nearest cleaning rod which is in your truck if your lucky but more likely back at home to get the dirt out......tape serves a real purpose, keeps chit out of the barrel be it water or dirt, im more worried bout the dirt than rain......

on my rifle i keep extra wrapped around the stock right next to the recoil pad cause it also gets used for attaching tags to the legs of does or antlers of bucks and i tend to forget the roll somewhere so the lots extra on the gun is handy.....

Last edited by rattler; 11/09/10.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books