Originally Posted by Calvin
Prove it Jeff. Prove water can get into a taped barrel with a closed, uncocked bolt.

OK. I think I did that. Let me know if you disagree.

Method: dry tissue rolled into a little doobie-thing and pushed into the muzzle about 2". Bolt closed, chamber empty. Unpressurized water poured into bolt lug/chamber mouth area from above. Also made sure to hit the gas vent hole a bit. Towel in my left hand around outside of barrel to preclude water running down underside and somehow wicking back into tissue recessed into muzzle.

Note that position of firing pin (cocked/uncocked) is not relevant to what happens with water coming in from the loading port/breech area.

Result: Within seconds, and after less than a measured 1/4 cup (most of which ran into the sink via overflowing), water started dripping from the muzzle. That's AFTER it saturated the tissue. Picked some tissue out with a toothpick, had to push out the remaining tissue goo with a rod because it was so liquid.

Conclusion: water not only can and will enter through the breech, it does so very easily.

Did you learn something today, my slightly caustic brother to the north? wink

Furthermore: I would hypothesize that both muzzle tape and a cartridge in the chamber will slow but not by any means stop, the entry of water by this vector. Further testing is advised should Calvin et al be stupid enough to desire more punishment. Lol.

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!