Originally Posted by djpaintless
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I'm of the belief that a chambered round adds enormous water resistance, compared to an empty chamber, and probably enough resistance to render the point moot under most conditions. Happy? But I'll tell you right now, it's not water PROOF.

I assume this means that you probably did the "blow test" with a empty case in the chamber and saw that it did make things pretty much airtight.

If you go back and reread the posts, nobody ever said 100% waterproof the point was that as long as you aren't Scuba diving with your rifle the chamber is pretty well sealed from the back by the bolt and case - my point all along. And btw I used a fl sized, primed, ready to load powder and bullet case when I did my test, NOT a larger unsized round.

Sealing the muzzle with tape can make a difference, there are almost no negatives to doing so, the advantages far outweigh any disadvantages............................dj

Agree pretty much. With the disclaimer that rounds come out of my M7 wet from base to tip after an all-day drizzle.

More to the point, my point anyway, is how easy water gets in with an empty chamber. Do you agree?

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!