I amone of those guys that believe that each caliber/case combination has a sweet spot for a narrow range of bullet weights. This has developed over many years of experience with a variety of calibers and what I saw in the field. More or less, when I want heavier bullet, I move to a larger caliber. I have been trying to factor in the outstanding improvements in bullet technology, as they are changing the game.
At any rate. when I got into the 300 Win Mag, I decided it was going to see only 180 grain bullets. And, have not been disappointed.
The newer bonded bullets and more particularly the copper bullets, seem to be extremely accurate, kill very well, and minimize blood shot meat. I have now killed several deer with the 130 gr ETip out of a 270. Great performance, nearly zero blood shot meat, quite different than I have seen from Partitions & conventional bullets out this caliber.
The message from my rambling, would be to take a hard look at the 180 gr ETip, TSX, or GMX for any 300 mag.
It is what I would be doing if I did not already have a hell of a bunch of 180 protected point Partions ready to go

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.