Originally Posted by navyman20
hey guys, i have a ruger m77 mkii in 300 win mag, and am lookin to start reloading for it but was lookin for a lil advice as to powder amount and type,primer,bullet weight and really any reloading advice as ive never done it before. Im thinking the barnes ttsx is the bullet i want to go with, but cant decide on whether to go with the 150,168 or 180 grain bullet..im leaning towards the 150s because ill get the flattest trajectory and for primarily deer sized game it should be more than enough for shots out to around 400 if i do my part of course. im currently shooting federal 180 grain blue box ammo and want to see what the ruger really has for accuracy. I just bought a hogue overmold in max4 and am going to pick up a redfield 4-12 accurange scope for it and upgrade the trigger(any opinions on what combo works best w/ rugers?)..im looking forward to seeing the responses and opinions from you guys and i want to thank you in advance for your help.
Brian

I've got the same rifle and it loves the 180's and 200's. Imr 4350 powder and CCI 250 primers. I use the regular partitions (not the protected point). The rifle shoots great with these bullets. DON'T use 150's in it unless you like tons of bloodshot meat. If your thinking 150's, maybe you should sell it and buy yourself a 300 savage or 308 win.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA