Thanks, KK.

I think I'm in that same ballpark, and if so, I'm more than tickled to get it in a 7-08.

I had a few minutes before dark, and decided to try to answer my own question, and check to see if my accuracy suspicions are well founded.

So, I loaded 3 with 50 right quick and ran out to the hay field.

I shot 3 at 100 and got about an inch group - still in lots of wind, and it was getting so dark I could hardly see the little dot I was shooting at - it's just a little 3/4 inch dot, and the crosshair was pretty well covering it, especially as dark as it was getting.

I shot anyway, and think I slipped up a little high on the 2nd shot, but the group was still an inch or a little under. Equally interesting, it looks like it is between 2 and 3 inches high at 100 - not as high as I expected based on where I was at 300 on the target...

I reckon a picture is worth a thousand words...Top one is almost 3" high, but I got in a little hurry fighting daylight and edged it a little high, I think...

[Linked Image]

Bottom two felt pretty perfect...and they're just about 2.25 high....

[Linked Image]

And here's where I was hitting at 300 the day before - not just with the 50 grain shot, but with just about all of them.

[Linked Image]

Now the 120 NBT is pretty slippery at .417 BC, but it still needs to be zipping along pretty good to shoot that flat...

Even taking the highest 100 yard shot and allowing for a little wind/operator error, I think I've got to be between 3100 and 3200 - maybe closer to 3200, and that's humming for that load...

I'm not jammed in the lands creating any pressure spikes, either.

I need to shoot it some more to verify, but if I'm even close to this velocity with what looks like it's going to be plenty of accuracy for hunting, I'm going to have even more affection for a rifle that I didn't think I could like any better.

I haven't been able to find any velocity information for 120 7mm-08 Big Game loads, so I'm really curious if some guys or maybe even JB will chime in with their experience.

Hunter is shooting crazy good in my 243 Montana, and I'm fixing to buy stock in Ramshot...grin.

DJ