Originally Posted by WayneShaw
Altho I didn't think he would have made a good President, Trump had the right idea about OPEC. Tell them to go $hit in their hat!

We can, and should be, self sufficient regarding oil. We refine our own, supply our own, and the OPEC oil will drop to the basement. Nobody buys as much oil as we do, and if our demand was removed, they would loose the BILLIONS they get now.

I also believe the normal passenger cars made here should all be compressed natural gas. We have loads of natural gas, and there is no reason a typical engine can't run off it. Standby generators do, without issue. Again, use our own resources.

I love your enthusiasm, but as it stands right now, we import 2% of our natural gas. Admittedly, we have many reserves that are un-tapped, but if we convert cars to natural gas the demands of natural gas will skyrocket, and we'll find ourself importing vast amounts of natural gas from the same A-hole's we import from now.

People need to realize that there isn't ONE technology or fuel source that will replace oil. We will need many energy sources to replace oil, natural gas will be just one of many; but it most certainly won't be THE replacement for oil.