Originally Posted by KevinGibson
THIS is why we should NOT be drilling ALL of our reserves. We should be drilling just enough, and use everyone elses oil first, saving ours for last. Meanwhile, we should be reducing our demand to ensure we have enough for the US, so our children have a future.
I didn't read every single post so I'm sure we got to here in a logical fashion but THAT (meritous) point is completely different than 'Who here really thinks domestic drilling lowers the price of oil." A true free market oil exploration industry in the United States would dramatically affect supply. If you don't believe in the supply/demand pricing, well... it's a short discussion.

Here's a question for those on both sides of this discussion, "Why don't the infamous 'oil companies' charge $10 a gallon for gas? Heck, why don't they charge $100 a gallon?" Anyone? Anyone?
It would also be interesting to know how many people think oil companies set the pump price.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me