Originally Posted by 500grains
Solution: Get rid of Obongo and the EPA. Let US companies drill ANYWHERE and build a few dozen new refineries. Oil prices will come down again, probably to the $40-$50 per barrel range.

And this is based on???

Pie in the sky ideas of how much oil in in the US. The ONLY credible source for information on US reserves is the Department of Energy (specifically the Energy Information Agency). Show me where the DOE says we have that much oil. Show me where you've done the math to come up with such figures?

You're a friggin genius; because no one else in the entire oil industry (and I work in the industry) has come up with such a solution.

It's pie in the sky; we don't have that much oil. And you need to understand that 50% of all the oil that is in EVERY reserve, is not recoverable by methods used today, so you have to reduce your numbers by 50% if they're going to have any meaning at all. Simply having oil in the ground doesn't mean chit unless you can get it out of the ground.

Don't pick some agenda ridden pundit's web site, go to the DOE and show me where anything you say has one slight element of truth. It's pie in the sky want; that's all it is.