Originally Posted by efw
No bruising of my or the seller's egos, bricktop.

The fact that you ignore is that unsolicited advice is worth as much as is paid for it. If someone wants to offer a firearm for sale on this site at a price that is too high, that is their right.

It seems to me that it is your ego that needs feeding. Everytime I see you involved in a thread it becomes a personal, name-calling cluster-cuss. You're always offering unsolicited advice and getting into these stupid arguments about nothing and it appears that it is to somehow prove your "expertise" to a group of people who really don't care.

It is bad form to criticize an offering price in the public forum. If you make an offer via PM and don't get the response you desire, move along. As has been pointed out here already, there have been Springfields offered here for less money. Go buy one.
Who the f*ck are you, the politeness police? I didn't realize the flavor of the day was now candyass.

You and johnp034 can try and spin this nine ways to Sunday, but here's the reality: the gun being sold is nothing more than a fairly crude sporter built on a military 1903 action. It's not a G&H sporter. The gunsmith in question was only a regional gunsmith of average ability; there's no great fan base out there trying to locate his rifles as they would a Fred Wells or Lenard Brownell. Similar rifles don't sell for anywhere near the asking price this pogue is asking. Is any of this sinking in yet?

The seller has identified himself as employed in "retail gun sales," yet he seems to be completely detached from this. He offers misleading items for sale. (Anyone recall his "Remington Rand" 1911 and the offense he took when it was pointed out that this was NOT what he was selling?) And now he's selling this crude military sporter. And when someone shot him an offer, he took offense at that.

There's just no demand for this rifle at the price offered. Period. That's reality. You can sure as hell sit on it at $750 and that's all that'll happen. Read it and weep.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.