Well put.

For various reasons I currently own 6 road vehicles. Three of them say "Jeep" on the vehicle somewhere. Of course I know there are better vehicles available, at least for certain purposes, but it is a "Jeep" thing, and a family tradition.

Same with Harleys. I once owned two at the same time, for no good reason.

I have read something to the effect that one should not try to own too many things as the possessions will wind up owning you. Don't try to impress others. Rather , please yourself. Decide what things really give you pleasure, then try to surround yourself with those (fewer) things, and enjoy them to the fullest.

I have learned in recent years that having more guns gives me less pleasure than having fewer guns (within reason) that give me more pleasure. The 250 Savage falls right into that category for me, and explains my screen name. I am glad that others can enjoy other chamberings as much as I enjoy the 250 Sav, even if it is a .243. I have some other gun/cartridge combinations that I take great pleasure in also, but in those cases it is more the rifle itself that I am focused on then the particular cartridge it is chambered in.

So, maybe it's just a Jeep thing?

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra