I've often thought to propose a wildcat based on the 22-250 necked up to 25 caliber. Low recoil, better case efficiency, better combination cartridge, better bore to case capacity. Should prove to be a nice light whitetail and antelope cartridge and yet still be effective for varmints. You should be able to build it in a light handy rifle and still get good ballistics. What they used to call a Tabbycat wildcat. Not so much throat erosion. Wish somebody had thought of it a eighty or ninety years ago. I've always been surprised that MuleDeer didn't come up with the idea and write an article in Handloader. I think it might have caught on. wink
Here's a photo on mine RLS tang safety in 250. This one was taken when it first came home with me, still has its tag on. Don't see many of these, but I sure like it. The only thing that could make it better would be if the barrel were stamped 250 3000, instead of 250 Savage. I like the balance of the RLS's better than the RSI's, just me. But your mannlichers are prettier.
[Linked Image]

Bfly

Be nice and work hard, you never have enough time or friends.