Right on VA..... My experience with a non shooting wife mirror VA's in many ways. Sherri went through several guns before settling on HER Colt Cobra 38 special. She even found it and made the deal at a gunshow that we were at together. I was running our table when she came back from a gun show stroll with this sweet little 60's vintage Colt Cobra and I gave it my enthusiastic Blessing after which she went back and haggled out a deal on the spot without my being anywhere near. I was so proud of her! It is critical to allow the lady to pick out her gun and shoot it until she decides that she likes it or not. Losing money on a coule of gun trades was and is a small price to pay for getting my lovely wife into shooting a bit and carrying a good gun when in the rougher parts of town like in the niehborhood of the mission where she works full time.

Practice days are spent shooting light loads, but in the gun are six +P Gold Dot 125's. They might wreck her gun if she shoots all six at once, but we can replace the gun.....

Waders, CONGRATULATIONS! I am thrilled for you, amigo. Very glad to hear that your wife and girls are now protedcted by the KIMBER security system and agency!

We sure saw at the 24hrcf bowling pin shoot that a new shooter of female persuasion, even one of smaller stature, can indeed shot pretty darned well with a 45ACP right from the get go with a little instruction and patinece. Hippiechick was even shooting my quite light aluminum framed 4 inch Pro Carry Kimber which bucks a bit. Yeah, a revolver might have been a more ideal choice, but that SHE picked out what SHE wanted you did the right thing by letting her get and start with that. She might keep it forever, might change her mind after a range session or two (girls do that, ya know,,,) but in any case you, and your family, have WON. Good on ya!

Last edited by safariman; 08/13/11. Reason: SP

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500