Originally Posted by VAnimrod
65BR;

Tried that. Thought the same thing.

My wife HATED the J-frame snubbie in .38 or .357 due to the recoil hitting the web of her hand.

The sub-compact 1911? Deadly, and confident.

It has to, always, be her/their choice.

If Mrs. Waders has chosen, let her run with it. She'll be fine.

A J frame is the LAST gun I�d consider for an inexperienced shooter; they�re a b-otch to shoot well, I don�t care who you are. A good quality semi-auto that fits her hands well is more often than not the better choice in my experience. If a woman insists on a revolver, I typically reach for the Ruger SP101 3� first, then a round butt 2.5-3� K frame with a set of Pacymayr Compac Professional grips (the one�s with the open backstrap), or a Colt�s D frame with Eagle Secret Service grips, or the standard wood grips that came on the later Dic Spl/Cobra/Agent. It�s all about fit in the hand.

And just like with us guys, most women score best with a semi-auto. And these days semi auto�s aren�t nearly as cantankerous as they were decades ago, so you don�t have to be a full on gun-nut to carry a semi-auto. My wife strongly prefers a semi-auto. It�s like pulling teeth to get her to practice (she just doesn�t like shooting), but when she does, she shoots just fine.