Originally Posted by sollybug
Helps to read this thread where others are as brilliant as I am. Like last year where I liked twenty miles into a glacier and found the only canister I carried for my stove was empty. Another time I drove two days to my hunting grounds to find I forgot..... the tent? still dont know how that happened. This year I shot a caribou and pulled out my game saw to find out it was missing a bolt to hold the blade on and wouldnt work. Thankfully I had a small sawblade on my skinner that I managed to use. Never have forgot the TP though. Some things are just to important to forget...

Back in the early 70's my brother and I packed into Icicle Creek and after struggling the entire day from the old Homestead Lodge at the end of Eagle River Road - where the visitor center now sits - to a little shelf in the alders right alongside upper Icicle Creek, and we discovered that my brother had forgot to tie his sleeping bag to the bottom of his packframe. Even still, we toughed it out for 16 days while trying to kill a couple of B&C rams that were hanging in the cliffs above Icicle Glacier.