Originally Posted by CoalCracker
I came across a good deal on the Internet for a Grizzly 450 that is about $1,100 less than my local dealer for the same unit, out-the-door (incl. tax, tags, delivery & set-up). I called my local dealer to see if he was flexible on his price. He ended up telling me what he pays for the machine, and it was more than the other place is selling it for. He claims he doesn't know how they can sell them at the price, and he warned me to make sure that there were no hidden surprises. The local dealer said that if I could get the ATV at that price, that I should buy it elsewhere and he would be more than happy to service it for me locally.

I called the western PA dealer, and it does not seem to be a gimmick. They are $1,100 less expensive than the local guy. I think I might be taking a four-hour (one-way) roadtrip for the Grizz soon. For a few hundred dollars, I would buy local, but for $1,100, I think I'll waste a day of my time an $80 worth of gas.

It looks like I'll be taking TXRam's advice.

My local dealer is a horse's a$$ - I've owned 3 Yamaha's, 2 purchased new and neither from them. I looked up the dealer I bought the Griz 700 from - Fix Powersports was the name of the place, and got it cheaper than I could get a 500 anywhere else. It was the end of the model year, and he said Yamaha was sending 'em to him by the truckload and they were moving 'em out fast! I was pleased with the communication, etc., not a single problem.

If the local dealer would have been willing to work with me some, I'd give 'em my business.