Originally Posted by Foxbat
Yeah, it's a 3 speed which is why I guess they set them up sacrificing the low end. Just mentioned it because it's really the only Honda apples to apples comparison to the 700 Griz.

I had a Rincon for several years and liked it, other than the fact that the gear ratios and torque converter caused it to not engine brake very well going down steep inclines. On the other hand, that 3 speed auto is probably the most bullet proof auto tranny of all the ATV's or side by sides.

Funny thing is, they use the same engine and transmission on my Big Red but they set the gears up for better lower end. By doing so, it's obviously no where as fast, but it's stronger on the low end.

The plus on the Rincon though, is that is one smooth riding ATV with the IRS.

Problem with the Rincon is it's not a twin cylinder. It is fast as long as you aren't loaded down. Most other bikes over 600cc's will be twin cylinder. That's where the torque comes from. My buddy's Rincon is a really nice fast and comfortable riding bike. Put some bigger tires on it and it's a dog in the mud. The 500 Foreman has more torque. Some of that due to gearing. And it is a 3 speed. I've personally seen a decked out Rincon stuck in the mud not able to spin the bigger tires while a small 450 or 500 bike would blast past it due to better gearing and torque. My next bike will be a 550 Griz with EFI and power steering.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.