Originally Posted by CoalCracker
I'm leaning more and more toward the Grizzly 450 over the Honda Rancher 420AT. The more I read on the 'net, the more it looks like the Honda's new twin clutch automobile-style transmission is prone to problems. Even if the problems are actually few and far bewteen, I've read several comments that they are extremely expensive to repair/replace.

From what I've read, if the new AT on the Honda craps out, you are looking at a new tranny. Someone was quoted $2,900 for a replacement. crazy It seems like even a lot of guys on Honda forums are recommending the manual trans just to be safe.

I'm sure every brand throws out a lemon now and then, but it appears that the Yamaha CVT is tried-and-true and is serviceable if something does go awry.

This will be my first ATV. I'm sure my wife, 13 year-old son and nine year-old daughter will want to take it for a spin at some point. I tried teaching my wife how to drive a manual transmission car years ago, and it was a disaster. I think I really want the AT, and from what I've been reading, the Honda AT makes me nervous.
!!! 911!!! u need to find a old copy of "dirt wheels magazine" and u will toss the honda "AT" out the window...in there test it "shifted gears" on hard turn shocked ...throw that pos away.

I work harder than a ugly stripper....