Originally Posted by cooperfan
You guys driving Toyota's and Nissan's make me sick. I know I'm biased living in Detroit area, but geez

I have a 2002 z71 sitting in my driveway,I bought it thinking I was supporting my fellow Americans,

When I found out it was made in Mexico with Chinese parts, Well,You have no Idea how pissed I was.

BY coincidence, it happens to likely to be the most troublesome rusted POS I have ever owned,

Last week was power window regulators, this week right front bearing.

As I have fixed many of these issue's myself, I just laugh when Dealership and supply houses recommend OEM parts,

In my repairs I have seen the crap parts GM used to build these vehicles.

Simple things like the tailgate cables, an immediate recall back in 02-04 because the cables were snapping from just lowering the tailgate,

I replaced the window regulator last week, GM's ideas inside that door were as cheap as possible, The speakers were mounted on the thinnest cheapest support I have ever seen, naturally the supports were broke and the speakers were hanging inside the door by their wires.

Lifelong GM fan here, but things are really, really, messed up, with the entire Auto industry in general.

35k for a vehicle built in Mexico with Chinese crap parts, Explain that to me please.........