Originally Posted by cooperfan
Toyota is headquartered in Aichi Japan. All of the profits from your sales go directly back to Japan and help strengthen that country and economy. I am utterly disgusted by what I am reading on this topic and surprised that some of you bash American companies like you have, you should be . You guys in the west are talking about assembly plants, well come here once and I will show you some plants shut down because of your buying decisions. I wouldn't give 2 cents for a Tacoma.

Your union brothers have gotten you to drink the Kool-aid. When I bought my Tundra, it was in WI, at a dealership. Last I checked WI was in the USA. The salesman was a nice young American male in his late 20's with a wife and a new baby. He didn't mention anything about having to send a paycheck to Japan on each sale of Tundra's he made. They also sold Mercedes.

Plants are being shut down because until a few years ago, Ford, GM, and Dodge were pumping out crap for quality. Toyota stepped up their game and caused the other two, Dodge and Ford to build a good, if not great truck. Yeah, I said two, because you couldn't give me a chevy. I'd be too embarrassed to keep it in my yard. BTDT.

Last edited by tzone; 05/23/12.

Camp is where you make it.