Originally Posted by JJHACK
Oh one more quick thought, years ago I chained a 140 lb sheep to a tree. A sat in a tree stand bow hunting with this sheep along a well used bear trail.

The first bear to show was about 200lbs or a bit more. He put his front paws on the hind quarters, grabbed the belly skin of that sheep and ripped lose a strip of flesh as easy as a human peels a banana.

He ate a bit and left. Another bear much bigger about 300 lbs grabbed that sheep at the shoulders and lifted it off the ground. He had a tug of war with that Chain on the tree. You could hear bones breaking and skin ripping. That bear did significant damage and destruction to that sheeps skeleton and flesh in under one minute,..... And he was not angry or perforated. YMMV

I have been around bears in Alaska and I ain't talking black bears and a hand gun lay onmy chest when I slept in a 2 man dome tent.

One day the handgun came in very hangy

[Linked Image]

On the other hand Cottonstalk takes black bears routinely with a handgun and some of them are on the large side

[Linked Image]

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first