Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Agreed! Also makes a lot of good common sense, as all of your posts do, Doc.

Well, thanks, although it seems to me that most of what I post is not all that commonly sensible... kindasorta like my work in the ER, where I routinely ask my patients, "How the F**K did you DO that to yourself?" ... and they don't have a reasonable answer...

I think bein' up against the average level of dumbphuckitude that passes for thinking in America these days tends to hone a man's perceptions of what is or is not "good common sense"... unfortunately, I am up against less than average level of dumbphuckitude on a daily ER basis...

Originally Posted by chlinstructor
If I'm backpacking or bowhunting in an area where black bears could pose a problem, I want the best tool possible regardless of size or weight. Preferably a 12ga with heavy slugs!

But where weight & size are a big carry concern, my 10mm Glock or Smith & Wesson Mountain Revolver are going to seem awfully light & small, should I have an encounter with a pissed off black bear!

Last time I had the option of shooting a couple 12-ga slugs between a large, predatory black bear's feet versus putting them in his brainpan, I was fervently wishing I had the 16-inch guns of the New Jersey behind me, and even then I'd of been skeered...

I'm just sayin'...

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars