Originally Posted by Ken Howell
� and so much for the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness �

I originally started this thread not to argue about abortion in cases of rape and incest but to share with the world what I'd discovered about the existence of the Feminists For Life; but I'm also surprised at the inconsistency of some here.

Are you pro-abortion? Okay, it makes perfect sense that you'd be particularly pro-abortion in the cases of rape and incest.

But if you're anti-abortion, then why are you anti-abortion, and how can that reasoning, whatever it is, possibly not apply in cases of rape and incest?

For purposes of full disclosure, I'm personally anti-abortion right down the line, but I have never seen a proposed law prohibiting abortion that I didn't think was either a horrible miscarriage of justice in itself or would lead to appalling unintended consequences.

I'd much rather see abortion dealt with through social stigma than through government action.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867