dave7mm,

All my shooting is casual. Some at the range and some at varmints.

Ever run your Nightforce against your Swar?

You will not like the answer. On the same day I compared the Nightforce 12-42X56 with the Bushnell 6500 I included a Swarovski z5 5-25X52. Where as the Nightfoce needed 12X to see the individual lines and the Bushenll needed 15 1/2X the Swarovski required 16 1/2X. I purchased all these so it was not like I was against any. I paid the most for the Swaro so was very disappointed. It was better than the Bushnell in low light but not as good as the Nightforce.

I returned if for a full refund. This happened twice more. Swarovski #2 and #3 were not as good as the first one. The forth one is a keeper in that it is about like the first one, except a litle better than the first Swaro in low light. (My gunsmith told me, "A sample of one tells you nothing.) It is about half way between the Bushnell and Nightforce for low light and weighs less than either of the others.

I have never seen a rifle scope at the range that is brighter or clearer than the 6500 during normal day light; except Nightforce. So far I have not had the pleasure of a Schmidt & Bender.

I consider myself a wanabe shooter; except off hand with my scoped .454. (A sitting or maybe sometimes running jack rabbit at 100 yards or closer is dead meat on the first shot!) Therefore I compare spotting scopes, binoculars, range finders and rifle scopes on the same eye chart at the same time. I play with optics and inadvertently annoy folks here who are sophisticated, and others who at least think they are, with my posting fun for me information.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter