Originally Posted by oldslowdog

Originally Posted by jt402

I have never had an urge to use S & B. Too expensive for sure. I get along pretty good with less costly scopes.

They are expensive.

No argument from me on that. And for lots of folks, especially when shooting at shorter ranges (inside 300), they are hard to justify cost-wise.

However, when you are presented with a longer shot you want to take-especially on game (on the last day of a western hunt for example), the confidence of being able to dial in the range and be absolutely confident of the result is impossible to duplicate.

Don't get me wrong, I've connected on game at longer ranges with other scopes- but not with the absolute certainty that I have with my PMII.

In my view, S&B are not interested in volume, market share, etc like most other scope companies. They will make as many scopes as they can make without sacrificing quality and will raise the price accordingly to control demand.

I have a blue collar job like lots of folks on here and it's not easy to come up with an extra grand for a rifle scope. But in some cases, expensive things are worth the money, and, for me, these things are worth every penny.

You're making me feel guilty bro........grin!

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]