Originally Posted by RDFinn
Originally Posted by Eremicus
So, let me get this right. Bushnell claims to test their so called tough coatings and you buy that w/o question. Yet when Leupold test their stuff, that's just marketing hype. Right ?
How about the US military ? They have a standard for scope coating durability and Leupold's Diamond Coat II easily passes them.
That's one reason why the US Army uses nothing but Leupold rifle scopes. And some of their other optics, like their spotting scopes. Don't recall Bushnell winning any military contracts.
BTW, I noticed that Cabela's new premium euro rifle scope comes with super hard coatings, but not some sort of rain guard. Some of the binocular companies like Leica and Pentax have been offering super hard coatings for some time on their top of the line stuff. Funny they don't offer rain guard tough coatings as well. E

So I take it you don't think that having rain repellent coatings on a hunting scope is important to the other 10 million + hunters that go afield, besides you that is ?

Did you bother to read my post before you commented on it ? What makes you believe that the coatings on Leica and Pentax products is "super hard" ? Leica doesn't offer Rainguard type coatings ? Really ? Ever hear of AquaDura ? Zeiss doesn't either ? Really ? Ever hear of Lotu-Tec ?

Originally Posted by Formidilosus
[quote=Eremicus] Ask the US Army how tough they are. They use nothing but Leupolds. E

Stop. Please. The most failures of any issued sniper scope has been the variable MK4 Leupolds.

Nightforce, Shmidt and Bender, and Leupold have Army contracts.

false, misleading and baseless information = Lies?