Originally Posted by Ringman
BBobinNH,

Don't know why folks have a tough time seeing this happen.I saw it again just yesterday on deer stand with a Leupold variable.....complete "glare out" as I looked into deep shadow with the sun just clearing the tree tops facing east.

I know it isn't a real test but I raised my Swaro 8x30 bins and looked in the same spot.....I could "see" with those.

Did you and I graduate from the same optics school? smile We both compare our optics with our optics; whatever they are. blush

Ringman I guess so! I was in central NH and really had not much else to use at the time.That sun just cleared the tree tops,and ,remembering this thread,it occured to me look over there through the scope.Then I thought i wonder if the bins will cut through that glare.You could still see the effects of the sun, but the Swaro cut through it so I could see.

I have run the same kind of "test" at the range, waiting for barrels to cool,and the Schmidt managed the situation better...why I don't pretend to know.Baffling to reduve glare? better glass? Not sure.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.