Originally Posted by SamOlson
How would you compare it to the FX3/VX3 Leupolds?
Zeiss Conquest?

I have never tested a high dollar scope so any comparison would be useful.

Even if it only gained you 5-10 minutes of shootable light, that would, of course be great.

Sam you will see a difference between the high end Euro's and the typical FX/VX Leupolds. I don't describe this stuff too well,but let's just say some of them let you see with greater detail and resolution,and in some instances well past legal shooting light.I have noticed the recent VX3 Leupolds are pretty darned good however, but still not in a class with the Big 3 Euro's.

Never had a Conquest around at the same time as a S&B but have compared the Conquest sides by side over a full winter with a Swaro PH 2.5-10X vs a 3-9 Conquest. The Zeiss was very good bbut as light got really bad,really after legal shooting light,I could still see back into the trees with greater detail and resolution with the Swaro,and the reticle was still very visible....the Conquest allowed me to "see" but not as well,and the reticle "quit".

All this scope talk on here got me so confused lately I threw up my hands this weekend and bought another 6x36 Leupold.... whistle grin

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.