Byron Smith said he often worked with kids and used to allow his friend's son and his friends to have band practice in his garage. He stopped it when they kept inviting too many friends and it got out of hand. "That would have made kids aware of where he lives and how secluded his residence is from the road," the incident report said.

The plot thickens.

Implausible as the story is as presented, anything we suggest is equally plausible.

This werent some random guy, he was a 60-plus year-old who invited high school teenagers into his garage.

Now, being someone who spends long hours I don't really have to working with other peoples' kids, that alone ain't enough to brand the guy.

But I don't have any interest in inviting 'em into my home either, and I sure as heck don't have two dead ones in the basement that I moved and later waited a day to tell the cops about after killing them.

And robbed *several* previous times w/no countermeasures taken like alarms, home safes etc...?

Look close at this guy's finances and where his money's been going.

Clearly, both of them teenagers were well along the wrong path despite apparent good upbringing, at least on the part of the girl. Happens rarely but it does happen, especially with meth or crack.

They went over to the guy's house for SOME nefarious purpose, maybe he had been loaning them money. The girl may well have laughed at and ridiculed him, but I doubt it was after she had just been shot.

Drug test the old guy too, might be THAT is the reason he had to wait.

Just my $0.02
Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744