well, since i have some .45colt brass tumbling right now, i looked up an article from handloader magazine, no 246, april/may 2007 by brian pearce. On the s&w model 25, his writing said as quotes, "loads in the 20,000 psi range will prove useful for U.S. Firearms revolvers that are 100% american made(after the year 2000), Colt New Service, Ruger New Vaquero and Smith & Wesson post WWII N Frames, including Models 25 and 625 mountain guns. Loads in the 32000 cup range should be limited to Ruger Blackhawk, Vaquero, colt anaconda or other modern revolvers designed to stand up to this pressure level. The article was about loading for the S.A.A. 270 grain bullet, as cast to about 283grains. There were a variety of loads presented in three different pressure ranges. In the one for the 25-5 one i have been using throws that bullet at 1012 to 1093 with the powder recommended. As i have that saa but also in a pentad hollowpoint fired into about a four inch book in completely penetrated and expanded to about .95of an inch. Works for me.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 01/25/13.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO