Hello, just got my Granddaughter her first hunting rifle (that makes 3 generations of us with a 99 as first hunter).

300 Sav, 21" bbl, rounded for end, lever safety, fore end has a "W' or 'M' pattern checkering, round counter (looks like brass, have yet to confirm it is not just some varnish or dried oil).

Has scope screw holes, front bead site, filler in the rear site slot (raised bbl ring for this), has a tang mounted Redfield peep, smooth finished bolt.

Unfortunately, it has also been reblued, including the lever (sad). Looks good though, the refinisher shouldn't have used shiny finish clear coat. Too thick as it takes all the grip out of the checkering.

That made it easy to cut 2" off the stock and mount a Limbsaver/Simms butt pad. Left her with ~12.5-13" LOP (need to remeasure it).

Shot 5 rounds through it. @ 25 yds got ~1.25" group from prone. Didn't get back to shooting it again this trip, more in the future. Shooting Win 150 gr (of the Fed/Win/Hornady ballistics, Win is the worst). Grand daughter sot one round said it hurt. She doesn't know she is getting it for Christmas. I took a picture of her with it. That will be in the cleaning kit she gets under the tree. She's a bright girl and will have figured it out.

I will see what it takes to have it rechambered. Make it the same as Mom's tang safety A.

Serial: 7716xx; lever code 236.

Thanks!

Last edited by mojoincolorado; 08/20/13.