It was an unintentional project. Like a lot of us we need a tinkering project and I was in Cabelas one day and they had this used "Cabelas exclusive edition" which means fluted barrel sps in 7mm rem mag. It looked hardly used but was less than $450 bucks so I'm thinking donor.

I took it out and shot it with just some Winchester 150 grain factory loads and it shot well but the cases were sticking. I didn't think those would have been hot factory loads so I loaded up some low velocity rounds and tried them and still sticking. After closer inspection I could tell it was rough chamber. Reamer must of dull out or something and this is probably why they got rid of it.

So, I polished the chamber very lightly for 5 seconds and the problem was solved.

It shot well enough I decided to keep the barrel and tinker so I bought a B&C Alaskan II stock, bedded it worked up some 145 barnes lrx loads with RL22 and thing shoots very good. So then the bolt went to Karl Kamfield for Ti fluting and his hunter knob, had a buddy cerakote it graphite black and even put a Pacific tool tapered lt weight bolt shroud on it. I put a Vortex viper lr 4x16x50 I had picked up and some talley rings and bases.

It shoots very good and holds it's accuracy out to 500 yards which is as far as I have shot it. I did take a lope at 426 yards last month. So, it was really just a factory spruce up.