FWIW,
I try to inject a little humor in most of my posts, and tend to downplay my abilities and experience.

I'm not an outfitter or guide, but sometimes am on two trespass leases per year here in Texas. That means between my oldest son and I we can take 10 white-tail deer (we usually tag out), 8 turkey, unlimited fox, coons, coyotes, and hogs, and exotics, which include axis, sika, fallow, blackbuck antelope etc.

In a good year I may kill fifty hogs or more. I typically skin or take meat from all game animals I kill.

I've used Knives of Alaska, Bear, Boker, Browning, Buck, Case, Schrade, Cold Steel, DH Russell, Forschner Gerber, Junglee, Kershaw, Loveless copies, Puma, Randall, Spyderco, Victorinox, Winston to name a few.

During our conversations I told Rick that I did not want an Object d'art. I wanted a "working man's" knife that I could skin with and sharpen without too much difficulty. I don't hack or pry with my skinners. I've other tools for that. I wanted something that would feel "alive" in the hand, but not be slippery when wet with blood and fat. Our deer typically have thin hides and this knife makes caping without piercing the hide simple should I choose to do so. The grind at the point is thin enough that it almost floats when skinning. To me, these things are the measure of a knife.

Time tells all tales, but I'm very impressed with the "Bose drop" that Rick fashioned for me.

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 12/15/13.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.