I hope we are talking game rifles. I would still NEED, a bunch of .22s and a Bee or Hornet.

It's in the safe. An early post war commercial FN, .30-06, 24" barrel, tight grain custom English style stock with short forearm and a Neidner butt plate, wearing a 2.5-8 Leupold in Kimber of Oregon detachable mounts, and a Browning leather cobra carry strap let out just enough for a hasty sling. Oh yes fine line, and oak leaf bordered checkering.

If you are going to make me sell all the others, I will change the scope to a Zeiss Conquest HD5 2-10x42, and have a few scrolls of engraving put on the action and rings. Maybe just the rings to keep the rust blue intact. It has a front post and I have a NIB vintage Lyman receiver for a back up.

Truthfully, a small ring Browning Safari .243 or a like .308 both sitting near the above would also work from here on out. Likely the .243. One of the daughters wants the .308. She will get it whenever I decide......

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero