[Linked Image]

Shot this one the other day. First of the year. Today I walked around the place and shot 8 or 10 more gophers in the yard and a couple starlings.

Had to chew some ass today too. My grandparents sold 20 acres across the pasture to some people and they built a house on it. One of their kids is my youngest brothers age and we did some duck hunting together this last season. Well today he was out in his pickup in front of their house with some of his buddies shooting gophers. My grandparents live less then 1/4 mile to the south, there is a house and highway about 1/4 mile to the east and a house about 1/2 mile northwest of his parents. I couldn't figure out which way he was shootin and he was unloading his 10/22 frequently. I went back and got my spotting scope just in time to see him shoot out the window right towards our house, barn, and horses. I hauled ass across the pasture on the 4 wheeler and asked him what the hell he was doin.

Told him I just watched him shoot right towards us and could hear bullets ricocheting previously. He told me he didn't know he was shooting towards the barn and house. I asked how the hell he didn't see the barn, house, tractor, and vehicles through his scope. The grass in the pasture isn't even 3" high so nothing was obstructing his view. I was ready to rip his head off with him trying to play dumb. Told him if he was going to keep shooting gophers he needed to use a shotgun since there is no safe direction to possibly shoot a 22 without hitting a house or towards a road. Realized he was shooting right towards me across the pasture while I was working on the driveway the other day too. Stupid idiot.

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.