Thanks guys .. I'm going to have to attempt to re-attach his tail.. cry Real bummer whenever that happens. And it turned out really nice to boot, other than the tail. frown

But I did call in a double of coyotes this morning, and got one. smile I believe my coyote calling slump is waning. I only was calling for maybe 10 minutes, tops. I hit the serenade on my Foxpro as soon as I got all set up(I did have hand calls with me, if that makes it better) and instantly had two howling at me. I switched over to challenge howls, and down the hill they came, on the run. They stopped about halfway down, at maybe 450 yds, and then I turned on the ki-yi. They kicked it in another gear when the heard that! But as soon as they got to the bottom of the coulee, they started up my hill, and I figured they'd smell me for sure. Sure enough, I heard one start doing that dreaded "Yer busted!" bark.. I was pretty bummed then, but could see patches of the coyote once or twice through the cedars and junipers, and hoped it would head back down to the bottom. It did, and when it stepped out into the clear at about 200, it stopped and was standing there barking, but I silenced her right away.. Shot her once through the lungs, and had to do one more in the neck to finish her off. Fur damage was next to none, which is good, because it's a really nice coyote...

[Linked Image]
image by mtcurman

[Linked Image]
image by mtcurman

Then, when I got home, Nash and I ran his snares, and he had a beeeg old male.. smile (How's this picture Charlie? grin)

[Linked Image]
image by mtcurman

All in all, it was a good day. cool

Ben