eh76---I began hunting with my grandfather when I was 6 years old. I would sit with him in the duck blind. When I was 7, I began to walk with my Dad and uncles as they hunted pheasants. At 10, I began to carry a shotgun when my grandfather took me rabbit hunting. At 12, I shot my first grouse and a deer. I also began reloading shotgun and pistol shells in my grandfather's basement. I was a Junior member of the NRA, but by age 17, I could already see that the NRA was being corrupted by people with a single track political agenda, and the NRA was losing sight of its core mission. I have continued to reload all of my life, and I taught my son how to do it when he was 12 years old. I was with my son when he shot his first deer at the age of 12.
At present, I own 4 pistols, about a dozen shotguns, and a dozen+ rifles. I hunt every year in multiple states, and in Canada. I have taught Hunter Safety to kids. I have a concealed carry permit, and I carry. If I met you on the street and you threatened to physically harm me or my family, I would shoot you and not think twice about it. If you broke into my house, I would also shoot you if you threatened me or my family. I just thought you might like to know, as JSTUART so astutely pointed out, Conservatives don't own the gun debate.

Last edited by rbinhood; 04/18/14.