Originally Posted by GunGeek
...I'm much more likely to be hit by lightning TWICE in the same day, as to need to just "head for the hills" spontaneously while I'm at 7/11 with no warning or time for any preparation whatsoever.

�.you mean this wasn't you, Kevin??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjI8AxZnrx8

What I don't get is the slathering Glock-a-holics who think it's the end all, and must be the end all for everyone.
�..there's nothing wrong with a Glock that wouldn't be improved if each came from the factory with a muzzle or at least a gag-order for their owners.

To be dragging the same pistol through extreme conditions, for years at a time, the Glock would be very hard to beat. But on a daily basis, I don't need that, nor do I envision that I ever will.

I need a pistol that is flat, light weight, and easy to carry. The LW Commander is as light as a Glock, flatter/thinner, and every bit as easy to conceal with an IWB holster as a Glock 19 (ON ME).

�..like you, I carry a LW Commander (Wiley Clapp gun in my case); however, one thing that the Glock has over 1911 is that the Glock comes straight out of the box with no pride of ownership. I never worry about scraping, scratching, dropping or losing the Glock----with the 1911 I do. It's the Bic-lighter analogy. I've been in a couple of situations that I wished I wasn't carrying as nice a handgun as I had on at the time. Obviously, when the SHTF, that feeling will evaporate quickly.
...if anyone has studied gun fights, especially civilian gun fights, you know that magazine capacity is never the deciding factor; it just isn't. Hits count, that's it. High magazine capacity??? You can never miss fast enough to catch up.

�..I would love to see someone do a probability study on the quantity of ammo used in a civilian encounter. I bought a book titled "Probability for Morons" and discovered that the probability was that a moron won't finish reading the book (I didn't)�..however I also bought a book titled "The Drunkard's Walk, How Randomness Rules our Lives" which I did read and left me with the distinct impression that random events are immune from standard probability equations---someone smarter than me will have to figure it out. It does beg the question tho, "how much ammo is enough?"

Last edited by gmoats; 07/17/14.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.