I don't consider myself a Glock fanatic, but I do own several of them. And like Kevin, my prefered personal every day carry pistol is a 1911 LW Commander in 45acp.
I do find in teaching TX CHL Shooters, that new shooters with no experience seem to be able to shoot a Glock better, and more accurately with a shorter learning curve on trigger control. All though turning a new shooter loose with a handgun without a manual safety causes me a lot of concern.

The one statement that I do disagree with is that a Glock 17 is "stronger" than a Glock 19, or other Calibers adopted to Glock's 9mm original platform. If that statement was true, I seriously doubt that Glock would ever release a .357 sig, 40s&w, or the .45 Gap on the same frame.

Personally, I have put many thousands of rounds down range through my Glock 32, which is the same as a Glock 19, except in the .357 Sig caliber. Plus several thousand rounds down range through my Glock 20 in 10mm with +P handloads. And at least 1000 rounds or more through a Glock in .45 GAP.

And I bought both my Glock 32 in .357 Sig and my Glock 20 in 10mm when they were first released, and "early" versions. And ive Never had a failure or so called "kaboom" with ANY of my Glocks. Period.

Like I said at the top of my post, my daily carry gun is a LW 1911 Commander in .45acp. It's a Kimber Custom Shop Super Carry Pro. Its Super reliable & very accurate.
But if I was forced to sell all my handguns and could only keep one for personal defense, hunting, ect, it would be my Glock 32 in .357 sig.
Why??? Because it's indestructible and IMO, a more powerfull and versatile cartridge.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~