Have to say, I agree with the OP on this. I spent March 3 to May 5 unemployed, and was offered fulltime employment with benefits on June 16. During the unemployment, I had an experience that y'all might find interesting. A company that was makes 9-speed auto trannys was quad-drippling in size, and had a hiring fair. I went, got there 20 minutes after it started and found myself in a line that looked like it was from the USSR, or maybe a new ride @ Disney - I was not even anywhere near the building, out in the parking lot, and the building was the size of a school (It was a mega-church). A fair assessment was that there were 100+ peeps in front of me....and there was a second line equally as long on the other side of the building.
So I am in line, and I can hear someone talking very loud making announcements, and the line starts moving....like Disney just closed a ride.
I see a STREAM of people walking back, all half my age or less (I am 50), many using cellphones or texting. In no time flat, I find myself in the building, and the announcements start again. Turns out it is the recruiting company, and they are making the usual announcements any company would make to blue-collar workers: No shift preference, No Criminal record, Random drug testing. You may have to switch shifts with little notice. there are two 10 hour shifts for the floor, and a 8-9 hour shift for the office, depending on what is needed. Many of the ones giving up and walking away are grumbling things like "Man, dey kray-zee!", "Dat's not worth it.", "No way...."
So anyway, I am there just shy of one hour. After all the people left, I found myself in front of a recruiter, and very shortly got the info I was looking for, was able to present my resume. 2 weeks later, I started the new job, albeit a strictly temp one.

Point is, there ARE people, a portion of the younger generation, not sure how large, that I am convinced do not want to work, or such a belief of entitlement that they will not ever find any meaningful employment.

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.